What are the rules for apps that offer gambling, betting, lotteries, raffles and cash or other prizes of value?
Guidelines for Apps that offer prizes of cash or other value:
Apple Guidelines (https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/)
Contests, sweepstakes, lotteries, raffles, and gambling
- Sweepstakes and contests must be sponsored by the developer/company of the App
- Official rules for sweepstakes and contests must be presented in the App and make it clear that Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activity in any manner
- It must be permissible by law for the developer to run a lottery App, and a lottery App must have all of the following characteristics: consideration, chance, and a prize
- Apps that allow a user to directly purchase a raffle ticket in the App will be rejected
- Apps that offer real money gaming (e.g. sports betting, poker, casino games, horse racing) or lotteries must have necessary licensing and permissions in the locations where the App is used, must be restricted to those locations, and must be free on the App Store
- Apps that use IAP to purchase credit or currency to use in conjunction with real money gaming will be rejected
If you think your app falls into any of the above categories, please take the time to:
- Read and comply with all publishing guidelines
- Install a few apps like yours to see how they handle the legalities
- Include a disclaimer for Apple. Something like: Apple is not a sponsor or involved in the activities in this app in any manner
How do I create an Apple Developer Account?
Here is a helpful link for you to become an Apple Developer!
You can use an already existing Apple Id, or Create a new one. Apple Charges $99 Per Year. Sign Up Here
To login, go to https://developer.apple.com/programs/ and click Member Center.
If you don’t have an existing basic Apple account, you will need to create one. Or, you can convert your existing Apple account into a developer account.
Create Basic Apple Account
- Create your account here.
- After the form is complete, input the verification code you will receive at the email you used to register.
Create Apple Developer Account
- Create your developer account here. Choose business or individual accordingly, and fill out the form. Write down the enrollment ID given to you. Accept agreements and proceed through payment.
I created an Apple Developer Account, now what?
WARNING: If you are providing your own Apple Developer Account, AppNotch WILL NOT PUBLISH your app for you.
Make sure you click ‘Advanced’ and it turns green. Then AppNotch/Custom appears in blue on the right hand side. Click ‘Custom‘ and it turns blue.
Then fill in your Apple Id / email address and password of the account you just created.
We use these credentials to login to your account, create the necessary certificates, and sign the ipa.
(it’s more difficult than it sounds, but the robots we use make it look easy)
How do I download the iOS IPA file?
1. Login to AppNotch and create your app.
2. After you provide the necessary information, pay for the app.
3. AppNotch will validate your information, build the app, and email you a link to download the IPA file.
Note – You can build your app for Apple iTunes App Store or as a Private app.
You can download and install the IPA only if you build it as a Private app.
You can also download your App from the Share/Get Link in your AppNotch Dashboard.
Clicking the link will open this pop-up. Either Scan the QR code or Click on the Link.