How do I send a Push Notification?
How to Send a Push Notification:
- Log into to your account dashboard
- Click on the blue Push link next to your app
- Complete the Title, Message, and URL (optional)
- Click Send
Alternative Methods :
You can also go to http://www.appnotch.com/Converter/pushapp/login
- Login with your AppNotch registered email and password (USER LOGIN TAB)
- Select an app (if you have more than one)
- Login with your AppId and PushApp Password (APP LOGIN TAB)
- I know my AppId, Where’s My Application Password?
- Open your App’s configuration to Step 6
- Click “Advanced” on the Basic/Advanced toggle at the top left of the screen.
- Your PushApp password is now listed at the bottom.
What is a Push Notification?
A Push Notification is like a a bulk text message that you can send to all the app users.
Is there a way to send a Push Notification to only some users?
Not yet, but this is on our list of future enhancements. However, you can use Geo Push to send to a ZIP code or an area in a Map.
Is there a way to use Push messages without being pushy?
Yes; Don’t send too many messages, try to send messages that are timely and helpful, and when appropriate.
Once a push notification is viewed by the app user, does it disappear?
No. Each app has a Push Log, which stores the notifications that a user can share/delete later. You can include a Push Log or Messages button in the footer menu for your app. The app owner can manage the Push messages from the Push History screen.
Is there a way to see and to delete older, previously-sent push messages, so that newer users don’t see older messages in their push logs?
Yes. Whoever sends the Push Notifications can also see a list and delete older messages so new installs don’t see the older messages. When the sender deletes messages from the Push History, the message will still be listed on all devices that have already received the message. The Message will appear in the App’s Messages list until the individual user deletes that message from their device. Think of It as a email inbox, I can send a message to someone and delete it from my sent folder, but they already received it. It is up the email receiver to delete it from their inbox.
When we try to send a Push Notification along with a long link to a specific news story, we are required to shorten the url link address. When we press Send, the message says: AppNotch says Message is too long for iOS.
The total length of message, title and URL has to be less than 250 characters for iOS. With that said, users can use “https://goo.gl/” to shrink the URL and send it.
Why am I not receiving Push Notifications?
When you arrive at your AppNotch Dashboard there will be a blue Push link.
When you click the link a box will pop up where you can design your push notification.
If your app is not live (Trial) only “Previewer” will display. This will send a notification to the AppNotch Previewer App ONLY.
Make sure that you have “previewed” your app by entering in your Email Address and AppId and clicking “Submit”.
The first time you open the app, you must agree to receiving Push Notifications. Click “OK“.
If your app is LIVE you can now send push notifications to your app. Make sure you have the “PUSH” tab selected.
Notification Troubleshooting Check List
- You have opened your app at least once. (This is when your App subscribes your device to receive messages)
- You have agreed to receiving Push Notifications (iOS Only)
- You have the correct tab selected when sending the push (PUSH/PREVIEWER)
- You have not “force-quit” closed the app (by swiping up when listing all apps open on your device)
If you have tried all of these suggestions and your notifications are still not being received, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org